Monday, February 18, 2013

Biking Shorts

Since the seat on my bike is a pain in the ass despite being pretty cushy, I went to Performance Bike today and purchased a pair of bike shorts on sale.  They even had a pair big enough to fit my big ass.  There was a time when I said I would never buy shorts with gel in them, however that is what I got for maximum comfort.  I have been told if you use gel, you never get used to riding and always have to use the gel to be comfortable.  We'll see, though since I am losing weight, I can always go for the regular chamois/foam like I used to use.  And fear not those who will be riding behind me, for I purchased some cargo shorts on sale at Fred Meyer to go over the Lycra bike shorts.  Trust me, no body wants to see my ass in Lycra!!  And the best part, the shorts were a size smaller than I normally where.  I am going to assume its because I am smaller and not because they run smaller. ;)   

Also, we a have been trying to get my eight year old daughter to ride her bike.  She is afraid she is going to fall and get hurt.  Decided to get some training wheels to get her on the bike and hopefully lose her fear, so we can take them off again.  I would like to ride with her as well as Jennifer (my wife).

Chris





No comments:

Post a Comment