Monday, March 18, 2013

Working out and some neat websites

I did get to the gym again today to rid the bike, so I was happy about that.  An actual ride would have been more fun, but was not in the cards today.

Yesterday the sun peaked out for a little while and it appeared to be a great day for a ride!  The wind however was brisk and chilling, so I wavered until it turned kind of nasty and did not end up going for a ride. I did put some bicycle items on eBay however, so I was happy to get that done, though I have lots of old bike stuff, both new and used, that I have been storing for the last 18-23 years that I would like to thin out.

I discovered a great website for a company called VeloORANGE that makes and sells cool items for the bicycle tourist and randonneur.  It has lots of items to complete that classic look for a touring bike as well as other items to make bicycling more comfortable.  I really love their hammered fenders and chromed racks.  When I am ready for a new frame, I may consider one of their modestly price frames as well.  I want to get a comfortable frame with some responsiveness to it, but that I can use for light touring or maybe I can try some randonneuring (sp?).   Check out their website, its pretty cool.  By the way, I have no affiliation with them of any sort, which is the same for any other products or websites I have mentioned or will mention in the future.  I only mention things I like personally.  I also found another neat website called Adeline Adeline.  It also has some neat vintage looking items, though not as much as VeloORANGE.  I would love to hear about other websites in a similar vein, that offer vintage like items for bikes, touring and randonneuring.

Until next time...

Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment