Saturday, March 24, 2018

Hello From Iowa!

I have been remiss with this blog and have not posted in a long while.  When I started this blog I was working on my MBA and this kind of took a back seat even though I did continue to ride in 2013 and 2014.  While finishing my MBA and working I had a life changing event.

At the end of 2014, I was laid off from my job and ended up out of work for a year.  While this presented more time to ride, I did not do much riding.  I did however complete my MBA in June of 2015.  I graduated with honors and went into full job search mode.  Not able to find anything in my line of work (investments) in the Seattle area, I started to look outside of the area and had more luck getting interest and interviews, particularly in the Midwest.

I found a great job in Dubuque Iowa and moved from Bellevue, WA to Dubuque, IA at the start of 2016 while my family stayed behind.  I did not really have room for bikes, so I did not ride at all.  We found a great historic house with lots of room and I finally have my bikes and shop set up in the basement.  While the weather has been pretty miserable, I have had some time on the stationary bike and now have a trainer set up to get a start for the year.

So this is my official reboot of the blog and I expect to have more posts in the near future as I get back to riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment